One of the few things I did over the holidays was read a book. It was great. I don't remember the last time I took the time to just sit and read and enjoy it. I generally feel like I should be doing something more productive when I am home - like cleaning. I got a great recommendation from a friend. It is called Darcy's Story. It is meant as a companion book to Pride and Prejudice. It is Mr. Darcy's side of the story. I was rather skeptical when Chris brought it home from the library and it is listed as young adult ROMANCE. Ugh. But it was really good. If you haven't read Pride and Prejudice, then you will most likely be lost with this book. It is very truly a companion book. It does not re-explain details that are going on, which is nice, especially when you know the story line well. I hate book series' that spend the first 50 pages rehashing everything you already know. The author was very good at capturing Jane Austen's style and of course, kept completely true to Pride and Prejudice. If you love Jane Austen, I highly recommend reading Darcy's Story, it is a pretty quick read too since it is only 200 pages. It only took me away from productive activities for a day!
1 comment:
I read this entry weeks ago and since I'm on vacation and need another book to read, I'm off to the bookstore to pick up Darcy's Story. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post a Comment