This year Chris and I finally had a traditional french Christmas Eve dinner. We always said we wanted to do this. We did the meal in courses so it took a full two hours. We had a salad course, cheese course, main course where we had Duck, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and stuffing and then a dessert course. We invited my parents and our friend Julie. I should have taken pictures because I realize many of you don't believe that I cooked this huge dinner. We set the table really fancy including nametag holders, so after the fact I did take pictures of those:
Anyway, it was a great time and this will definitely be a Lake family tradition when we are spending Christmas Eve at home. Chris and I have already talked about improvements we will make for next time. After the dinner Julie, Chris and I went to the 11pm Christmas Eve service at the Christ United Methodist Church. Our friend Karen's daughters play in their well known bell choir and they were performing at this particular service. It was really nice to remember why we celebrate Christmas. My favorite part is when they turn off the lights and we all have candles and sing Silent Night. I need that kind of perspective before the greediness of Christmas morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment