Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lord of the Flies...er, Lady that is

So, while it is an indisputable fact that our dogs are spoiled and we are aware of this. I want to give props to our Silly Sally. Even though she is crazy when we come home and she gets so excited that she knocks things over with her butt and tail. Even though, Chris and I learned what is was like to wake up in a urine soaked bed before having children when she developed incontinence. And even though sometimes I have to remind her that she is NOT over me in the pack. I have not owned a fly swatter since we got her 3 years ago. Now, I know what you are thinking, I either have a lot of flies buzzing around in my house or that I am lucky and they just don't come in. Nope. Sally can catch flies. They drive her crazy and it is really funny to watch her go at them. So, even though we joke about how she is a train wreck with legs and that she's just a little messed up for living with Perry the first 4 years of her life (Anyone who knows Perry will laugh and know we love the Hackers!). We love her and every fall it is funny to watch her catch flies inside and outside our house. I just always have to stop her when she finds a bee! 
FYI, the incontinence is treatable! She just gets estrogen supplements twice a week. According to our favorite vet, Dr. Gold, it is rather common in female dogs.

1 comment:

Paul said...

perry... yeah, now it all makes sense.