The face of a 30 year old
Meghan had these on her blog and I thought this would be great for Chris' birthday...
What's his name? Christopher Lee Lake
How long have we been married? coming up on 7 years
How long did we date? 3 1/2 months then engaged for 6
How old is he? 30 Today!
Who eats more? definitely him
Who said I love you first? him, while I was working at the University Guest House front desk one evening. Real romantic, said it across the desk to me. Then quickly left.
Who sings better? I'd like to think I do because of all my musical training, but he can definitely hold his own.
Who is smarter? really? definitely him
Whose Temper is worst? uh, mine. I have to really push to get him to lose his temper. He's very good at suppressing everything. He didn't even yell when I lost my wedding ring.
Who pays the bills? me. When we were engaged his mom talked to me at Seven Peaks and said "You have got to pay the bills. Chris will not pay attention to them and will use them as bookmarks." It's true.
Who does laundry? I do, my fault though, I started doing laundry for him when we were engaged and I am a control freak over my own clothes.
Who cooks dinner? Well, the last year with me in school, we tend to fend for ourselves, but he will do it if I ask. Both of us are not picky so we live on things like ramen, spaghetti, grilled cheese, etc. he can make a mean grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Who drives when together? Me so he can read his books
Who is more stubborn? He is definitely. He seems so congenial but I have learned that while he may be shaking his head yes, he'll then go off and do whatever he wants.
Who is the first to admit when wrong? I think we're both pretty good at apologizing when we take things out on each other.
Who wears the pants? neither of us, I'm amazed we get anything accomplished...
Who mows the lawn? we have a lawn? ...oh those weeds, he does
Who kissed first? he did on our third date and my friends were telling me we were moving to fast and it wouldn't work out. ha ha
Who proposed? he did up at Red Butte Gardens and he was so cute and surprised me, I didn't think he had a ring yet. Although, I was the one who brought up marriage first - we were on a walk and he had to sit on the curb and put his head between his knees.
What is my favorite thing about him? I have more than one, but every day I am so glad that he is so smart. He always makes me think and asks my opinion on things whether it be politics, history, religion, etc and it keep me on my toes and I am always learning. It was so important to me that I found someone that would challenge my brain. Our children will be adorable and ridiculously intelligent! And even though I complain about them taking over my house, I do like our 700+ books!
One of my favorite photos, the Sunday nap:
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Chris!
Happy Birthday, Chris! It's great to read your blog - you can check out mine too at www.mamasparkles.blogspot.com
happy birthday to chris from paco. i've added you to my blogroll. come check it out.
Post a Comment