Chris and I had a pretty laid back Halloween this year. Every year part of me feels like going out and having a crazy time and people watch on Halloween at some seedy joint with a costume contest, but we never do. We have laid back friends and a lot have kids, so what would really be the point. Plus, when it comes right down to it, my favorite part about Halloween is seeing the kids dressed up, not going to some bar or party where I have to see scantily clad young girls, in bodies I will never have again, all over the place drinking way too much for their own good. I mean, there might a time and place for all of that, but I am way passed that time and place. So anyway, first we went to the Wilson/Ivins Ward Trunk or Treat. This is by far my favorite ward activity. Come to think of it, this might be the only ward activity we go to... This year I found fun battery operated lanterns for the back of our car at Dollar Tree and Chris and I dressed up as usual. Chris' favorite holiday is Halloween and the trunk or treat gives us an excuse to dress up. But the first photo that I put up is of my makeup, you can't see all the cool glitter, but I was really nervous about getting my makeup right since I work at an esthetics school. I am supposed to know how to do it. Unfortunately, it is just not the top of my list out of all the esthetic subjects. I thought I did a really great job if I do say so myself:
Chris, Yikes!:
Me doing my best Vanna White impression, don't worry, I will be keeping my day job:
Then we went to my sisters house. This year since we dressed up kind of scary (me kind of, Chris really scary) we decided it would be fun to scare her kids. They were so excited and her youngest (the penguin) is at that age where it only takes him a couple houses to realize that if he sticks out his bucket looking cute people give him attention and candy. It was so funny to watch. So here are pics of us with my sister and her kids. I had a bottle of "potion" with me (as I modeled above for you) and I tried to get one of them to drink it. I really thought one of them would, but apparently they don't trust their favorite aunt. The potion? Flat Diet Coke. Sounded gross to me, I figured they wouldn't recognize the taste and I could convince them that they would turn into newts after they drank it. But like I said, apparently they don't trust their favorite aunt and we didn't get past part 1. Oh well. they were adorable and since we didn't make anyone cry, I a sure my sister was grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment