Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Freedom Day! blah blah blah...

Forgot my camera for the whole day. But I found this pretty awesome picture below to make up for it:

I would spare you all from the 4th of July post so you don't have to read another one amidst the masses, but we did have a pretty fun day, none of it included waving flags, BBQ or parades. Totally unamerican, I know. As many of you know, Chris and I are not the most devout patriots. We're glad we live here because of our family and friends, but not necessarily because this is the greatest nation ever. I know, I should go to confession this week...

Saturday morning we did my favorite 4th of July tradition, we went to the Sugarhouse Arts Festival. Held every year on the 4th. This year it was especially fantastic because the weather was so nice. We found this local photographer who had amazing pictures. We bought a couple prints of Paris for a specific spot in our living room. We'd been looking to get some local original art. You should check him out. His website is http://www.waltzphotography.com/. He and his wife were really nice. We also bought a bandana for each dog from the No More Homeless Pets booth. After a few hours we went home and had fantastic Saturday afternoon naps. Then we went to my sister's house to have food and watch the fireworks with her kids. Fireworks are much more entertaining with kids around. They are so much more excited about it. Plus her house is really close to Riverton Park, so you get a great view from her front yard. Chris played a silly game with them where they had to duck and hide from the green fireworks or they would be poisoned. The kids thought that was the funnest idea ever. Then Chris and I discussed what big fireworks shows around the country we'd like to experience on the 4th one year. Me - Disneyland, Chris - New York City. Yeah, we all know who the more cultured one of us is...

No comments: