Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Logan

This past weekend all of Chris' immediate family went up to visit his brother T and his wife up in Logan. None of us had seen their place since they got married and the only time I had ever been to Logan was with Perry, Amber and Clint to visit the University Inn. We all stayed at the University Inn, Bri managed to score an amazing deal of $25/night. On Friday night, Chris and I went over to their apartment and I made dinner for them. It wasn't very good which bummed me out. I need to have more patience baking potatoes, it always takes a lot longer than I think it should. Anyway, Bri has decorated the apartment and it is really nice. Probably the nicest married student housing cinderblock I've ever seen. And we met their kitty Roma and to quote Leslee "I liked her a lot, she was really cute, she bit me." I thought that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, but Roma really is a sweety. Just don't bug her past her bedtime! Then on Saturday Chris and I (as usual) got up early and we did a little historic walking tour of downtown Logan. There was a pamphlet/guide at the hotel front desk. The weather was perfect and it was fun to get out. Logan's most colorful history? They had a lynching once. Yeah that's it. I could also tell you a disgusting silk worm story that they talked about for the Logan Tabernacle. Of all the things to talk about with the Logan tabernacle and that was the best story? Anyway, after that we all went to this independent toy store that was a lot of fun and had awesome toys. Daniel's little girl ran around the whole time in a purple velvet cowboy hat that said princess. Very fitting. Then we went to the Logan zoo. It was a lot of fun, it's really little but since the only kid running around in Chris' family is 2, it was perfect. And, to break up the writing a little bit, here are the pics:

(Albino porcupine. He looks so cuddly!)

Then, we had a picnic lunch at the park next to the zoo. Daniel's little girl loved playing on the pink playground and the boys, Leslee and a couple wives played 500 with a frisbee. Afterwards, everyone wanted to rest for a couple hours. We then got free ice cream at USU's creamery which was really good and I got to see Daniel's little girl throw a temper tantrum for the first time. Which, being childless, I found hilarious. Dan and Christel- you can laugh at mine kids one day. She has the funniest vocabulary. Daniel had licked her ice cream cone to stop the melting and apparently, she felt like he had had too much of the ice cream, she kept screaming "IT'S NOT RIGHT DADDY! IT'S NOT RIGHT!" That has been playing in my head all week as I giggle. How many 2 yr olds say that when throwing a fit? After the creamery we went bowling and that was really fun even though I think I came in last both games.
After bowling we all went to dinner at Iggy's and called it a night. None of us really had plans the next day except to sleep in before we all had to drive home. At 2:30am Chris woke up to use the bathroom and I woke up too. We noticed a very loud dripping sound and neither of us could go back to sleep. So Chris went to look at the a/c vent where it was coming from. Sure enough, water was dripping down from the vent and the carpet was really wet. I had the a/c on high all weekend because I was really hot in the room (sometimes I think my body temperature will never be right again from taking some medication...) Chris and I were trying to figure out if it was possible to freeze over central air. Chris wiped the vent with a towel and all the sudden water started streaming down. I put a trash can underneath it and since we were both wide awake Chris suggested we just check out and drive home if we were going to have to pack everything up to switch rooms anyway. By 4am we were ready to check out and we'd already filled one trash full of water. The poor night auditor tentatively asked us if we had any water problems before I could tell him about the vent. Seems a pipe broke and their whole basement offices were flooded. Well, at least it wasn't me and my body temperature. I felt so bad for him because I could totally relate after working a hotel front desk. We found out later that Stuart was actually the one to tell the hotel they had some sort of water problem. When he woke up to use the bathroom, it was raining in the bathroom. That would have been far more interesting...

1 comment:

Z and S said...

I warned you about the meds...I know the warm body temp is a killer but it should eventually get back to normal. All in all, it sounds like you had a good trip to Logan.