Monday, May 18, 2009

Earning her keep...

Many of you know that our dog, Sally, is a little nuts. We tease her that she's Perry's reject dog and she has an amazing ability to get out ANY enclosure, including her harness a few weeks ago at the park during our picnic. Well, one really great thing, besides all the love she gives us, is that we haven't owned a fly swatter since we got her. Yep, she kills flies, bees, wasps, yellow jackets, anything that buzzes really. And she does it faster than you could do it with the fly swatter. You'd think this wouldn't really be a big deal, but since my house is really hot and we have a couple windows without screens (odd sizes, love living in an old home...) this occurs at least a few times a week. At first when we noticed that she would go after them, I would get really nervous. I didn't want her to get stung. What is amazing is that I haven't seen her get stung yet. You'd think wasps would be smarter. I was really proud of myself this morning when I was able to capture it on video, enjoy!:

No comments: