Saturday, September 6, 2008

Super Grandma

My mom has managed to skirt around getting her picture taken by my digital camera except for Jenn's wedding below. But that's ok, because who knew google images would have so many images under "super grandma"? Anyway, I really feel like she needs a little tribute. Even though I am not the source of any of her 4, soon to be 5, grandchildren she is a super grandma and I need to tell about it. The past Labor Day weekend my mom went with my sister and her two youngest (1 1/2 & 3 yrs) to San Francisco by amtrak. Yes, AMTRAK. My sister and mom usually do something fun with the youngest kids over Labor Day because Tom takes the older ones to his family camp out. But this year when Anna called my mom and said something like - I think it would be fun to take the little boys for a train ride somewhere like san Francisco - my mom hopped right on board. Me on the other hand when I was called and invited, I politely declined due to money, but really because I am not Super Aunt, or at least now I have been disqualified. Plus in my head I was thinking FRONTRUNNER! HELLO! the new Utah commuter train. I digress. My mom spend 20, yes 20, hours on a train with her grandsons, then walked, carried and pushed them all over San Francisco for 3 days and then spent another 20 hours riding a train back. Never complaining, sitting outside of stores with the boys so that my sister could do some shopping which she never does. The most she said to me was - When I get home I am going to lock myself in my bedroom and fill it with Diet Dr Pepper and chocolate - Now that is a super grandma! I love you mom!

No comments: