Warning: this is a very long post and it took me 10x longer to write this than I intended, so get comfortable :)
I'm not a fan of February or Valentine's Day. February is still the funk of winter and I think Valentine's Day is a fake holiday created by greeting card, flower and chocolate companies to get lots of money and create incredible tension between couples. Anyway, my friend Meghan has blogged about someone or something she loves each day this month. I thought this was a good idea. Way to spin a good feeling into the month of February. Since I saw the idea well into February I decided to list 28 things on the 28th day. So here goes:
1. I love this guy:
I love that he is so smart. I love that he pursued his 2nd masters degree full time while working full time. I love that he loves animals, especially our dogs. I love his kind and loving heart. I love that he always wants to help people and to be part of something bigger than himself. I love how he is my sister's kids favorite uncle. He was going to be by default, but he actually works at it. I love that, for some reason, he fell in love with me.
2. I love:
Silly Sally
I love that she is a houdini which gives us good stories to tell. I love that she eats her food while lying in her bed like a queen. I love that when she wags her tail, her whole back half moves. I love that she isn't snuggly unless one of us is sick then she is right there. I love her cleopatra eyeliner.
3. I love: Scotty McGee
I love that he is our snuggle buddy. I love that he lets me fall asleep hugging him like a teddy bear every night. I love that he is always so excited when I come home. I love that he always looks embarassed when he farts. I love that he gets excited for me to do stupid things like put him in one of Chris' t-shirts. I love that he was transferred to Salt Lake from Kanab instead of being euthanised.
4. I love: these guys These guys (I have a pic that includes Tom & the youngest, but I absolutely HATE myself in it). Anna: I love my sister & I are close & I talk way too much to her on the phone late at night. Richard: I love how smart he is and always curious for knowledge. Mariah: I love that she is so girly and loves to hang out with us. Jeffrey: I love that he always wants to help me, Anna and Mom with our laundry. Stephen: I love how happy he is and is so even-keeled
5. I Love: my mom
my mom, she's always there for me and we have a good time and laugh together. I love that she still spoils me and takes me out to lunch because I don't have kids for her to spoil. I love how she doesn't bother me about having kids for her to spoil :) I love that she loves my dogs and always seems happy to see them. I also love that I look just like her and she looks far younger than she is!
6. I Love: my dad
my dad. he is the kindest, patient, and most caring person I know. I love that I have always felt like a daddy's girl and I am sure my sister feels the same way. I love that he always call me to tell me about things he comes across that remind him of me. Especially when it entails reading comic strips to me over the phone.
7. I Love:
my in-laws
Rare to say for a lot of people, it seems. But you can always guarantee that when you hang around Chris' family, you will have a good time and share a lot of laughter.
8. I Love:
my cousin Jenn
We are only a few months apart in age and it feels like we've been close forever. I love when we see each other and go shopping or just talk late on the phone. I also love when people think we are sisters, although we don't look as alike now as we did when we were younger. I alway hope one day that we'll live closer to each other. I also love her cat Milton, which is why I'm posting a pic w/her eyes closed. How do you not love a cat that can open a high cupboard to get to his food and treats?
9. I Love:
My Great Aunt Doris. My grandparents died when I was very young. She and my great uncle did their best to step in. In April, I had a chance to go to Alaska with Aunt Doris and my mom. Wouldn't trade the experience for the world.
10. I Love:
Mags. My best friend that moved to Germany nearly 8 years ago. She is so kind and thoughtful. She's a much better friend than me, always sending notes and gifts. I also love her husband Danny, which was a HUGE relief. She is due in 6 weeks and I can barely stand it. She is such a cute pregnant lady and I can't wait to visit their family next year.
11. I Love:
Noelle. My best friend moving to London in August. Apparently I like to send my closest friends off to Europe :) . I love how she gives me pep talks when I am down, how she inspires me to be a better person and how she included us in her family I love her parents too, I'm going to have to randomly go over there for dinner even when she is gone!
12. I Love:
Ingrid Michaelson. great music, check it out. Noelle introduced it to Chris, who introduced it to me and I have commandeered his CDs. If you aren't in a good mood after listening to her music - there is something wrong with you...
13. I Love:
R.E.M. This shows my age. I hear a song and it reminds me of happy, innocent times. And I love the music. I got the Best Of CD the other day and love it. It calms me. "Man on the Moon", "Losing My Religion", "Nightswimming"... despite our friend Paco's hate of Michael Stipe's voice, I'm relaxing already.
14. I Love: 
Nelly. Cornell Haynes. Yes, the rapper. (I know, my dad is cringing right now.) I love his type of rap - I call it "Party Rap". I have all kinds of trivia knowledge about him. I love that he is a great performer - best concert I have ever been too. I love that he was offered to play minor league baseball but turned it down to pursue music. I love that he wrote a song about his mom and when he became famous, he bought her a house and set her up for life. I love that he claims his hometown of St. Louis - still lives there and has a charity that directly affects the St. Louis inner city kids.
15. I Love: Bakeries
I liked this pic because it reminds me of the wonderful bakeries in france, but if I am stressed, Smith's will do. Cake, breads, rolls, crackers, donuts, pie, struessel. I love it all. Notice cookies aren't on the list. I'm not a huge cookie fan. Isn't that weird?
16. I Love: Love Actually
I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy. I'm going to name my 2 favorites here. Love Actually is my all time favorite movie. It is fantastic and has an amazing cast - Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Liam Neeson, Keira Knightly, it goes on and on. I love that it shows all different kinds of love. It is rated R, so beware of the frontal nudity and F word a few times.
17. I Love: The Holiday
This movie is amazing. You can relate so well to the characters and, in my opinion, you will never see a better performance out of Jack Black. You will also fall in love with Eli Walter. Cutest old man EVER.
18. I Love: Janet Evanovich
She is hands down my favorite author. If you want mystery, comedy, suspense and romantic tension all in one, her Stephanie Plum series is the answer. The only mystery author that has me laughing out loud with every book. Also love that this series is written completely in first person. It's a nice change and how can I not like anyone who dreams of donuts. (see #15)
19. I Love: Robert Fulghum
He is probably my 2nd favoite author. He is most known for his book "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarden". Little uplifting stories and incites, I love reading a story before going to bed at night in one of his books.
20. I Love: Books
After the last two posts, I do realize this is a little repetative. But there are many more books than just these two authors have written that I love. I love how books can feed the imagination and take you anywhere. I love how they have the ability to remind you how to love and uplift you and move you to become a better person.
21. I Love: Sitcoms
That's right. I know this makes me sounds old, but for the most part I don't like Reality TV. I like being able to sit down and laugh. Shows that are not just drama all the time. Mood lifters. My favorites would be Frasier, Seinfeld and Scrubs.
22. I Love: making cards
It is my stress relief. I love being creative and just sitting at my craft table and working.
23. I Love: Animals
Almost all of them. I could live without most bugs and snakes, but I love what animals can teach us. Every once in a while you will have the horrible story like the Killer Whale that killed the SeaWorld trainer last week, but 9 times out of 10, their stories are uplifting and remind us how to treat each other. Like the dog that follows the little who gets lost in the woods and the dog keeps him warm until the boy is found. Or the dog that nurses the baby lions. Or the penguin that mates for life.
24. I Love: The Biggest Loser
This is the one of two reality shows that I love. Once again, like sitcoms. You always have a good feeling while watching and it is all about watching people change their life for the better.
25. I Love:Top Ramen
Well now that we have just talked about getting healthy, I love Top Ramen which is totally not healthy. I could eat for every meal of the day. I especially love it when I am sick. So easy to make and it is comfort food.
26. I Love:
Clean House
This is reality show number two. I am always amazed at the clutter people have and keep around the house. The families amaze me. Plus, after I watch the show it always make me want to get ride of some of my stuff which can never be a bad thing!
27. I Love: Modern Medicine
I wouldn't be alive today without it. Diabetes would have killed me long ago. But then it also makes it so I can function throughout the day with my arthritis. When they first diagnosed me with Psoriatic Arthritis, they had to switch me from the huge pain pills I was on to drugs that would treat it. For two weeks, Chris had to button my pants, tie my shoes and I would have to scoot up stairs. I will never take advantage of being able to do that.
28. I Love: The Olympics
I was lucky enough to have the chance to work as a housing supervisor in the Olympic Village during the Salt Lake 2002 Olympics. It honestly changed my perspective on life. I had a chance to meet many athletes that were with the smaller delegations that all stayed at the Guest House. Just google Philip Boit. He is amazing and I loved talking to him. Learning his story and having him always tell me family is the most important thing in this life. It was wonderful. I love to hear all the inspiring stories. It is amazing what a body can overcome when someone puts their mind to it.
2 comments:
something weird is going on with your blog. i had robert fulghams "kindergarten" above my kitchen table as a kid. still have most of it memorized. i love the holiday too. one of my fav's. i saw this post, and thought perhaps i should have done it this way - all at once. much less annoying. i love that you give a shout out to all the individuals....
I just saw "Love Actually" for the first time a couple months ago and it re-introduced me to the song "Both Sides, Now" for which I'm very grateful
Post a Comment